The Angel Giving Tree
C Dee Wright Community Center Single Residents Gift Lottery Client Invitation Guidelines
- The Single Residents Angel Giving Tree is anonymous, and all tags will be numbered.
To sign up - eligible single residents of Akron and Newstead, need proof of income less than $26,000, and ID. Sign ups will be November 1 thru November 30, and also on Friday mornings from 10am-Noon at 11 Church St, Akron, NY, or by making an appointment. If your unable to make it to an appointment, or have questions call Director Judy Moore 716-536-1261.
- Registration for the tag - gender, age, clothing size and 3 wish gift requests (please no gift cards). This is open to all ages, 1 tag per household, you cannot be registered with another gift giving tree.
- The lottery drawing will be Sunday December 1.
- If your name is drawn from the lottery on Sunday Dec. 1, you will be asked to schedule a pick up time on Friday Dec. 20th, 9am-4pm or Saturday Dec. 21st 10am-4pm.
- This program is open to all Churches, Organizations, Businesses and Individuals.
Fundraiser for Community Giving Tree
Beautiful large poinsettias.
$10 donation per plant.
Blooms available in: red, pink, white, marble, burgundy & Jingle Bells
Proceeds support the Akron Newstead Community Giving Tree
Order now! Pickup 12/1/2019 at Wright Center, 11 Church St., Akron.
Contact: Judy 716.536.1261
Sexuality and Students with Disabilities - How to Have a More Comfortable Conversation
November 26, 2019
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
C. Dee Wright Community Center
11 Church St.
Akron, New York 14001
When it comes to discussing sexuality, there are words to encourage a more comfortable conversation. Parents or caregivers will learn the importance of early and ongoing discussions about sexuality. Have a discussion about appropriate social behaviors for young adults with disabilities. RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY email: firstname.lastname@example.org | call: 716.332.4170 online: www.parentnetworkwny.org/events
Children's Zentangle Christmas Art Project
Zentangle is a form of Meditative Art which involves creating free-flowing repetitive patterns. It has been shown to reduce anxiety, improve mode, increase self-confidence and cultivate present-time awareness. In this workshop, children will receive a 1.5 hour instruction on the benefits of Zentangle, different patterns to start out with, and supplies used. We will be focusing on winter themes and each child will go home with an original piece of framed art.
This workshop also includes lunch: pizza by Living Roots Health and Wellness, fresh cut veggies and fruit.
Location: C. Dee Wright Community Center, Akron
Grades K - 2 - Saturday December 7th 10:00 - 12:00
Grades 3 - 5 - Saturday December 7th 12:30 - 2:30
Cost: $15.00 A portion of this goes to the C. Dee Wright Community Center
Register by phone: 716-308-9986 or by email: email@example.com